This post was brought to you by Stacey Kornfeld of Houlihan Lawrence.
Stacey Kornfeld, a Houlihan Lawrence Real Estate Agent with over 25 years of experience, has lived in Irvington since 1992. “The best part about living in Our River Villages is the small town hospitality,” says Kornfeld. “Our towns are real communities where most people know each other. It’s easy to stay informed and get involved.” Kornfeld names quality of life as the #1 draw to the Rivertowns. Here, she shares her top picks for all the towns have to offer:
- Favorite Park: Matthiessen Park in Irvington; Pierson Park in Tarrytown where Riverstone Yoga offers free yoga on Wednesdays. The walk goes up all the way to the light house at Sleepy Hollow.
- Favorite Waterfront Activity: Sleepy Hollow Kayak Tour
- Favorite Date Night Restaurant: Red Hat on the River in Irvington
- Favorite Spot for Drinks: Half Moon in Dobbs Ferry – Amazing outdoor bar with nightly music
- Favorite Family Eatery: Sam’s Italian Restaurant, Sushi Mike’s or Hudson Social in Dobbs Ferry; River City Grille in Irvington; Mint Premium Foods (amazing, unusual cheeses) and Barley on the Hudson in Tarrytown (must try the hot pretzels!)
- Best Breakfast in town: Hastings Center Restaurant or Red Barn Bakery in Irvington
- Best Bagels-Star Bagels in Ardsley has the best flagels. Bagel emporium in Tarrytown has amazing French toast bagels!
- Hidden Treasures: Talim Falafal Shack in Hastings and Ambar Restaurant in Sleepy Hollow
- Favorite Market: DeCicco’s in Ardsley, Campbell Meats in Dobbs Ferry and Geordanes in Irvington
- Best Bakery: Riviera Bakehouse in Ardsley, best blackout cake!
- Flower Shop: Seasons On The Hudson in Irvington
- Hair & Nail Salon: Spa Lamya in Irvington
- Favorite Treat: Posh Pretzels in Tarrytown and Brrzaar Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt in Irvington
- Best Place to See Live Music: Tarrytown Music Hall (hosts big acts like Melissa Etheridge this summer) and Jazz Forum in Tarrytown (where notables in the jazz world perform regularly)
- Best Coffee Shop: Coffee Labs Roasters Inc. in Tarrytown, Antoinette’s Patisserie in Hastings and Black Cat Cafe in Irvington
- Best Gym: TITLE Boxing Club in Ardsley, Method 10533 in Irvington, Snap Fitness in Tarrytown, and the JCC on the Hudson in Tarrytown
- Wine Shop: Four J Wine & Liquor in Ardsley and Rochambeau Wines & Liquors in Dobbs Ferry
The Rivertowns offer interesting events, a thriving art scene, and a hunger for the hipper things in life—And, if you’re a foodie, “there is a plethora of delicious eateries popping up every day,” says Kornfeld.