Laura Sheppe Miller, a top-producing real estate broker for Houlihan Lawrence in Scarsdale, grew up in town and moved back to Scarsdale to raise her family. Miller says the 3 major factors that brought her back were the “great schools, easy commute and walkability of the Village. I love that you can walk a dog or stroller for miles without hitting a main road.” We asked Laura to share her favorite spots in town.
- Favorite park: Davis Park in Edgewood – it’s a whole block and has beautiful trees for shade
- Favorite restaurant for date night: Moscato in Scarsdale for a nice relaxing Italian meal, Eastchester Fish Gourmet for delicious fish, Mint Premium Foods in Tarrytown for something different or Coriander in White Plains or Larchmont for Indian Food
- Favorite spot for ladies lunch: Chat in the Village, Barnes & Noble Kitchen or Fig & Olive in Eastchester
- Her teenage kids’ favorite lunch spot- Buon Amici on Scarsdale Avenue for amazing paninis and hot food to go
- Casual Family Dinner: Seven Woks in the Golden Horseshoe – my son loves the chicken and broccoli
- Best Breakfast in town: Parkway Diner for great eggs and corned beef hash and Metro Deli in the 5 corners for great multi-grain waffles with real maple syrup.
- Favorite Market: Love Balducci’s for delicious fresh produce and high-quality meats, nuts and dried fruit, cheeses and breads
- Best Gift Shop: Current Home in the Golden Horseshoe or La Dentelliere in the Village for all gifts, Neil’s in the Golden Horseshoe for kids’ clothes, Wyatt Lily in the Village for baby’s gifts and Learning Express for toys
- Flower Shop: Scarsdale Flower Shop for gorgeous orchids and bouquets
- Hair Salon: Ultimate Image on Garth Road
- Favorite Treat: La Renaissance for unbelievably delicious croissants
- Best Coffee Shop – Martine’s in the Village – love the coffee and the cheese danish and my girls love the chocolate babka.
- Best Gym: Lifetime Fitness in Harrison for their warm pool
- Wine Shop: Zachy’s, of course
“I love to shop local and support our local merchants,” says Miller.