Below freezing temps got you down? The weather outside has certainly been frightful lately. It’s usually around this time that I start fantasizing about staying under the covers through March. But you know what? There are so many fun things to do in the winter, activities that your kids will remember in years to come – so why not take advantage? Here are five ideas.
1. Skewer up some marshmallows and toast them in the fireplace. S’mores aren’t just for the summer!
2. Make whipped cream shapes for your hot cocoa. Just freeze the whipped cream, get out your favorite cookie cutter shapes, and voila. Instant gourmet beverage!
3. Treat the birds in your yard. Making bird feeders is the perfect snow day activity for the kids, and the final products are a nice way to decorate. We’ve got three step-by-step projects.
4. Add some color to your snow-white yard. All your kids need to create their own snow paintings is some water dyed with food coloring and a spray bottle.
5. Get baking. Nothing cozies up the house like the aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Our favorite recipes are from the blog Sally’s Baking Addiction.