Another year is coming to an end and as your thoughts shift toward celebrating the holidays, winding down the year and making plans for 2018 to be a year filled with success, Advocate Brokerage reminds us that the more your insurance agent knows about their clients, the better they can serve you.
At Advocate Brokerage, they believe in forming good relationships with their customers. The reason is that the more they know about your life and the things you value most, the more they are able to educate you on the best choice for your insurance portfolio.
The team at Advocate Brokerage enjoy educating each client they serve but they also need to know about some of the new and exciting things happening in your life. For example…are you traveling more frequently? Did you get married this year? Have a baby? If you are already parents, has your child gotten their driver’s license or gone off to college? Are you ready to up or downsize your home? Did you move? Have you purchased any fun toys such as a boat or snowmobile? Did your business grow?
It’s important to let your insurance broker know about the events that occurred during 2017, as some could have an effect on your insurance. Below is a list of questions related to your home, auto and business insurance that are designed to start a conversation.
If you own a CAR, you’ll want to share any changes to the cars or drivers in your home.
If you purchased a new vehicle, got in an accident or added a driver to your policy, you have already notified your broker and worked out the details. There are, however, other factors that can affect your automobile policy such as:
- A teenager is coming of age and learning to drive for the first time.
- Your teen driver has a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- A child who now owns their own vehicle and purchased their own insurance policy.
- A child who went away to college.
- You sold an automobile to a family member.
- Someone in your family took a defensive driving course.
If you own a HOME, you’ll want to share any changes made to your home(s)
Even if the changes seem minor to you, they can still have an effect on your homeowners policy. Here is a list of questions to get you thinking:
- Is someone in your home traveling more frequently?
- Did you add a Central Station Fire/Burglar Alarm?
- What about a Whole House Water Leak Detection System?
- Has your property value increased or decreased dramatically?
- Have you done any home renovations?
- Did you add pieces to your jewelry, art or wine collections?
Advocate Brokerage Pro Tip:
If your 2018 plans include the purchase or renovation of a residence, get your insurance broker involved during the planning stages to protect your investment. At Advocate Brokerage, they have extensive experience with the things that can go wrong (frequently things that would never occur to you). Tragedies such as a total house fire or water leak that causes major damage can be prevented with a bit of planning.
If you own a BUSINESS, you’ll want to share ways your business has expanded, grown or changed.
Advocate wants to help their commercial customers understand their risks and protect the business they have worked hard to build. Reasons to contact Advocate include:
- You’ve had a successful year and significant increases in sales and income.
- Your business has expanded or added a new location.
- You’ve done renovations to your property.
- You have purchased new equipment.
- You have hired new employees.
- You have experienced a data breach, have any reason to believe a cyber breach is possible or you have not yet discussed the potential of cyber risks in your business with an Insurance Specialist.
If Advocate Brokerage already takes care of all your insurance needs, great! The more they know, the better service they are able to provide.
If you are new to Advocate Brokerage or if you do not currently do any business with them, let the Insurance Specialists at Advocate Brokerage do a no obligation review of your insurance….the results may surprise you.
On behalf of the entire staff at Advocate Brokerage, We hope you enjoy a very Happy & Healthy Holiday Season. Best Wishes for a Successful 2018!