This post was brought to you by Lincoln. The new 2018 Navigator is the ultimate, luxury family SUV (we know, we got to test drive it for a week and didn’t want to give it back!)
The holidays are the most wonderful (and fun and super exhausting) time of the year! There’s so much to do in and around Westchester with your family. Here are 10 (actually 11) of our favorites…
- Pack up the kids in the car, blast the Christmas music and do a Christmas Lights Driving Tour.
- Visit Westchester’s Winter Wonderland at the Kensico Dam. (Our tip is to see the circus first, and be prepared to wait in long food truck lines or eat ahead of time.)
- Go visit Santa for your annual picture of the kids on his lap. He’s at Ridge Hill, The Westchester and the Jefferson Valley Mall.
- Buy tickets for the Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Gardens. Fun for all ages. (The earliest time slots are the least crowded.)
- Make Christmas cookies! These gingerbread men are thick, chewy and not overly ginger-y.
- And while you’re at it, make some homemade hot chocolate. Or make a special outing to taste test Westchester’s best cups.
- The holidays are a great to give back. Toys for Tots and Winter Wishes are very popular programs in the area and easy to get your kids involved in.
- See a show! The Rockettes are at Radio City (lots of discount sites still have tickets), Elf is at the Theatre at MSG, and there are many local Nutcracker performances, in addition to the one at Lincoln Center.
- Snuggle in and watch a Christmas movie with the kids. Freeform has 25 days of Christmas with multiple showings of favorites like Elf, Home Alone: The Holiday Heist, and The Polar Express all month long. (We’re excited for tonight’s live performance of A Christmas Story on at 7pm on FOX.)
- Make homemade gifts for teachers and friends.
- Take the kids ice skating in Westchester or the city!
Happy holidays to all!
Check out the 2018 Lincoln Navigator for the absolute luxury meets performance vehicle for your family. Some of our favorite features of the 2018 Lincoln Navigator were the head-up display, Lincoln Play rear-seat entertainment system, the powered-deployable running boards and the power-fold seats in the 2nd row. (You can even touch and tilt the 2nd row seats forward with a car seat installed) The chair massage feature in the driver and front passenger seats were the icing on the cake!