Last summer, we wrote a post on where to find the best lobster deal in town. After all, isn’t the summer all about eating as much fresh seafood as you can handle? So of course we were thrilled when our friends at Moderne Barn in Armonk sent us their executive chef’s recipe for lobster cobb salad. It’s a summery delight that’s sure to impress your guests, or elevate your next date night at home. The photo has my mouth watering.
Lobster Cobb Salad
Created by Moderne Barn executive chef Ethan Kostbar
1/4 cup water
1/2 ounce red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 ounce Worcestershire sauce
1 ounce dry mustard
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix ingredients in blender until creamy and emulsified.
2. Season salt and white pepper to taste.
2 Maine hard shell lobsters, 1 pound each
1. Bring a large pot to a boil and add salt.
2. Cook the lobster whole for 14 minutes.
3. Submerge the lobster in ice water for 10 minutes.
4. Remove tail, claw, and knuckle meat from carcasses.
5. Cut lobster meat medium dice.
6. Marinate in the dressing and a sprinkle of salt.
1 head romaine hearts, chopped
1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
3 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
1 dill pickle, chopped
1 avocado, diced
1 1/2 hardboiled eggs, cut in quarters
1/4 cup croutons
1 heirloom tomato, diced or cut in wedges
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, including lobster and dressing, mix and serve. Serves 4-5.